How to use Wi-fi Printer: Almost every printer maker is following the recent trend of including Wi-Fi as a networking function to make printing easier. It enables users to link their Windows, Macintosh, Android, and iOS operating systems. Without a doubt, it improves convenience, and if you buy a Wi-Fi printer, the first thing that comes to mind is how to utilise it with different devices.
It all starts with setting up the entire procedure, which only takes a few seconds to complete. Remember that having a decent Wi-Fi printer from reputable companies like as Epson, Canon, and Brothers may help you have a pleasant experience. Nonetheless, the networking functions of every Wi-Fi printer are nearly same. Let’s have a look at some of the simple ways to use a Wi-Fi printer with various devices.
How to Use Wi-Fi Printer
Because there are three ways to utilise the Wi-Fi printer, you should use the procedures listed below to your specific situation.
Configuring Windows Operating System
Because there are several Windows operating systems, we will focus on Windows 10 because it is the most recent version. Take the steps:
- Open the Settings app from the Start menu.
- Go to the device button.
- To continue the search, click the add a printer or scan devices option.
- Windows will now look for Wi-Fi-connected devices.
- You will be given the printer ink or the opportunity to add it depending on the device.
- The driver installation process will begin, and you must complete it.
- To make things easier, choose “Default” settings over Manual.
Your device has been linked, and you may now issue Print commands. To see if the printer is operating properly, open notepad from the search menu and write whatever on it. Now, type print and pick your printer.
You can check Microsoft Windows guide how to install a printer in windows
Configuring the Macintosh Operating System
The most recent iteration of Macintosh OS is macOS 10.14: Mojave (Liberty), which is very simple to use. In most circumstances, whether you are using this OS or an earlier one, the technique for configuring a Wi-Fi printer will be the same. Take the following simple command:
- Begin by configuring the Wi-Fi printer’s built-in control. Turn on the printer and connect it to the Internet through Wi-Fi.
- If the network is secure, you must enter the username and password to connect to it.
- Install the printer drivers that came with it. The most recent version is available for download from the printer manufacturer’s website.
On a Mac, go to System Preferences from the Deck or the upper right corner of the main screen. Open System Preferences by clicking on the Apple logo.
Now choose Printers and Scanners. There will be a “+” icon, allowing you to add more devices.
On top of the little window, there is an IP tab. Choose Internet Protocol IPP from the choices to get a list of supported protocols.
Fill in the IP address and queue name for your Wi-Fi printer. Everything is finally completed, and the printer is attached.
Following these procedures, you will be able to use the printer over Wi-Fi. Make sure your printer is connected to a secure network so that no one else may access it.
Configuring Your Smartphone
It makes little difference whether you use Android or iOS; the procedure of printing from a smartphone is nearly same. There are several third-party apps available to assist you with printing. Follow the fundamental steps –
- Download the Cloud Print app or any other software provided by the manufacturer from the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Open the file you wish to print now. In Android, there will be three stacked dots that will allow you to access the print choices.
- This section contains the print command. When you tap on it, you will be given the choice to add or connect the printer.
- If you’re using a smartphone app, you should utilise it to issue commands since it may assist you alter the size and quantity of prints.
It will take a few seconds to take command the first time, however if you are using iOS and wish to print images rather than files, the way is:
- Open the Photos app and navigate to the photo you wish to print.
- In the lower left corner, there is an Options button.
- Swipe through all of the commands before pressing the “Print” button.
- It will give you the choice to locate a printer, touch on it, and everything will be completed.
You may simply print from a smartphone by utilising these ways. If you wish to change the size or other parameters, utilise the manufacturer’s smart app.